Competence Centre °CALOR
The scientific work at the Competence Centre °CALOR focuses on the kinetics of phase transformations by means of thermal analysis. For this purpose, Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) is used predominantly. °CALOR provides the world's largest dynamic range (time range, approx. 10-4 K/s to 105 K/s for metals and up to more than 106 K/s for polymers) accessible for scanning calorimetry. New measuring devices including software (in particular chip sensor based Fast Scanning Calorimetry (FSC)) and measuring methods are continuously developed in order to continuously expand our competencies and fields of application.
Field of application
- Kinetics of phase transformations and chemical reactions
- Controlled adjustment of nano-/ microstructures
- Thereby adjustment of materials properties
- Determination of ideal heat treatment parameters
- Material analysis and models
- Olaf Kessler, Materials Engineering
- Christoph Schick, Polymer Physics
- Sergey Verevkin, Thermochemistry
- Ralf Zimmermann, Analytical Chemistry
- Laboratory Manager Benjamin Milkereit
Funded by the European Regional Development Fund
At the competence center °CALOR in 2017 a new precision calorimeter was procured. The project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), funding period 2014-2020.