A central development target of the University of Rostock is the promotion of interdisciplinarity. The bundling of various scientific disciplines, as well as the dissolution of original subject boundaries and the close interdisciplinary exchange of scientists, provides an expanded scientific potential to research at the University of Rostock.
The personal competences of researchers are crucial for the sustainable implementation of the interdisciplinary idea of the University of Rostock. The acquisition of necessary skills is part of the qualification of scientists at an early stage of their careers. A basic understanding of science, clear communication, reciprocal concession as well as trust and the ability to criticize are among the basic elements for successful interdisciplinary cooperation.
The Mare Balticum Fellowship Program combines elements to promote interdisciplinarity with those for promotion of early career researchers. For this reason the Fellowship Program promotes guest stays (up to 3 months) of national and international researchers. Eligible to apply are scientists of the University of Rostock who are members of the Interdisciplinary Faculty.
On the one hand, the program is intended to provide incentives for the initiation and preparation of joint research projects. At the same time, events for doctoral students and postdocs are to be initiated, including interdisciplinary elements and making interdisciplinary and interfaculty exchanges possible.
The call for submissions for the year 2023/2024 ended in January 3, 2023. The call for applications for the year 2024/2025 will presumabley be opened in October 2023.
Mare Balticum Fellow (10th June 2022 – 10th September 2022)
Project: "Privacy aware data collection and annotation for healthcare systems"
Host: Dr. Kristina Yordanova
- Lecture: "SPHERE -- Sensor Platform for HealthcarE in a Residential Environment: The Vision and The Lessons Learned ", 14th June 2022, 1:15 p.m., online.
- Lecture: "Data annotation for machine learning in a clinical research context", 23th June 2022, 1 p.m., Room 001 in Konrad-Zuse-Haus, Albert-Einstein-Str. 22.
- Workshop: "Developing a protocol for data annotation", 30th June 2022, 1 p.m., Room 001 in Konrad-Zuse-Haus, Albert-Einstein-Str. 22.
- Lecture: "From data ethics to data protection: privacy-aware planning", 07th July 2022, 1 p.m., Room 001 in Konrad-Zuse-Haus, Albert-Einstein-Str. 22.
- Lecture: "Data management at scale: deployment, storage, retention and reuse",14th July 2022, 1 p.m., Room 001 in Konrad-Zuse-Haus, Albert-Einstein-Str. 22.
Mare Balticum Fellow (17th September 2020 – 4th October 2020)
Project: "Gait characteristics in response to perturbations and in virtual environment – with the GRAIL system"
Host: Prof. Dr. Sven Bruhn
- 18.09.2020, 15:00–17.00, Audimax, Ulmenstraße 69, Lecture: "Healthy ageing gait, balance"
- 25.09.2020, 15:00–17.00, Audimax, Ulmenstraße 69, Lecture: „Healthy ageing and motor learning”
- 02.10.2020, 15:00–17.00, Uhr Audimax, Ulmenstraße 69, Lecture: “Gait and cognition”